Apply To Be A McNair Scholar
The 2016-17 McNair Scholars application is now open. Applications will be due Sunday, April, 10 11:59 PM CST. Please see the information below on how to submit your application. We will have three information sessions for you to learn about the program:
- Tues. March 8, 4-5 PM, SZB 422
- Wed. March 23, 6-7 PM, SZB 422
- Thur. March 31, 5-6 PM, SZB 422
To complete an application, please submit all of the following parts:
- McNair Scholars Application (completed and signed electronically)
- Statement of Purpose and Research Experience Essay (Please upload into application)
- A curriculum vitae and/or resume including, but not limited to, a list of all academic honors, distinctions, scholarships, memberships in academic and extracurricular organizations and participation in academic activities (Please upload into application).
- Most recent copy (2014) of IRS Form 1040 Individual Income Tax Return (preferred method) or any other proof of household’s taxable income* (Please upload into application).
- Three Letters of Recommendation (2 from faculty; 1 from anyone; send link below to recommenders)
*Other forms that can serve as proof of income include: (A) a signed statement from the individual’s parent or guardian; (B) verification from another governmental source; (C) a signed financial aid application