Distinguished Gateway Scholars Program (DGSP)
The Distinguished Gateway Scholars Program (DGSP) recognizes excellence in the four strands of Gateway’s core mission: Scholarship, Leadership, Service, and Diversity. The program is open to any first-year student in the Gateway program. In order to qualify as a Distinguished Gateway Scholar, all criteria must be met by April 20th, 2012. Certificates will be awarded at the Gateway banquet at the end of the year April 21st, 2012.
- Minimum GPA of 2.2
- -3 hours total in Gateway Academic Coaching
- Attendance at any 7 of the 10 Gateway Distinguished Lecture Series:
- Attendance at all 3 cohort meetings
- Active membership in any club/organization orattendance at approved leadership summits by Gateway Scholars staff
- 10 hours of community service personally or through the Gateway Scholars Program
Attendance at one of the following diversity events/seminars or approved events by Gateway Scholars staff:
- Heman Sweatt Symposium (offered monthly)
- Any other diversity program that is approved by Gateway Scholars staff.
For more information contact Charles Lu at email@example.com or call the Longhorn Center for Academic Excellence at 512-471-1205.