Longhorn Link Program (LLP) – TRiO
The Longhorn Link Program – Student Support Services – is a federally funded TRiO program. This program is funded under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965. The University of Texas at Austin was awarded initial funding in the Fall of 2001.
The program provides opportunities for academic development, assists students with basic college requirements, and serves to motivate students towards the successful completion of their post secondary education. The goal of the Longhorn Link Program is to increase the college retention and graduation rates of its participants and facilitate the process of transition from one level of higher education to the next.
The Longhorn Link Program provides students with learning support, leadership development, and enrichment opportunities to ensure academic excellence and graduation.
Individuals must be enrolled at UT and meet one or more of the following requirements below. Students also need to demonstrate an academic need for assistance:
- Low-income: Meet the income criteria established by the U.S. Department of Education
- or First Generation: neither parent has received a four-year degree
- or Student with a Disability: must be registered with Services for Students with Disabilities
- Apply now by filling out the online application.
Services provided by the program include:
- Academic, career and personal counseling
- Academic advisement and registration assistance
- Peer Advising
- Tutoring services on a one-on-one and group basis at no cost
- Computer access for student use:
- Laptop Lending Program
- Free unlimited printing services
- Textbook Lending Library
- Workshops on a variety of academic related topics
- Participation in social and cultural activities
- Referral and assistance with campus services and resources
- Financial Aid preparation assistance
- Opportunities to attend leadership conferences
- Opportunities to visit graduate colleges
- UGS 303 Signature Course option
Workshops are scheduled at least once a month and are open to all Longhorn Link students. To expand the offerings to our students, the Longhorn Link Program also co-sponsors many workshops and seminars with other campus and community organizations.
If for some reason you cannot make a workshop of particular interest to you, contact the LLP. We may be able to accommodate your needs.
LLP workshop topics include (but are not limited to):
- Study Skills
- Note-Taking Skills
- Test Anxiety
- Time Management
- Financial Aid
- Career and Internship Exploration
- Finding, Preparing for, and Funding Graduate School
- Stress Management
- Money Management
- Technology Training
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Decision-Making