The Summer Bridge Program
is an invitation-only program at The University of Texas at Austin, provides incoming freshman with tools and resources to jumpstart their first year on campus. Taking place during the second summer session at UT Austin, participants receive a fully funded academic experience that’s grounded in community and provides a head start on life as a Longhorn — launching them into freshman year by becoming familiar with college life, campus resources and more. Students who have been invited to participate must register for the program by completing the registration form. Click the Register Now button to get started.
For the past three years the Summer Brige program has helped to ensure that our students have positive experiences while adjusting to the 40 acres. Last year’s entering class had a retention rate of 98% with an average GPA of 3.0.
- Been admitted into UT
- Be an incoming freshman
- Received an invitation to apply
By Participating in Summer Bridge, Students will:
- Receive the Summer Bridge Scholarship (approximately $5,000), which covers program fees, including tuition, housing, meals, placement tests, and a spending stipend.
- Take one math course and one composition course depending on the college or school, major, test scores and academic history, including any dual or AP exam credit.
- Receive an additional $1,000 scholarship at the end of the summer upon successful completion of courses with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Live on campus with other Summer Bridge students, building a vibrant learning community.
Get a Head Start on the UT Experience:
- Earn up to six credit hours at UT before the fall semester.
- Start building relationships with professors, administrators, staff, and peer mentors, creating a unique support system.
- Gain an edge over other incoming freshman with early access and exposure to campus life and resources.
- Build a small community among Summer Bridge peers, developing lifelong friendships.
- Complete your immunizations. University Health Services (UHS) must receive and process your immunization documentation before your orientation session. Please check the following link for more information:http://tinyurl.com/km5m27k
- Clear all financial bars. In some cases, you may owe a fee to the university. Please check to make sure that you don’t owe anything to the university or we will be unable to register you:https://utdirect.utexas.edu/acct/rec/wio/wio_home.WBX
- Complete your emergency contact information. You must update your emergency contact information here:https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/student/emergency_contact/
The Summer Bridge scholarship (valued at $5,000) includes tuition and fees, housing, and a meal card which we will pay for on your behalf. After these associated costs are paid for by the Summer Bridge Program from the $5,000 scholarship, there will be a small stipend paid directly to you ($600+), which could be used to cover your orientation fees, textbooks, or used as spending money. Since everyone spends and prioritizes money differently, only you can decide whether this amount is sufficient.
The classes you take during Summer Bridge are dependent on your college:
Engineering: Calculus I (M408K), an Engineering Calculus Supplement (GE 207R), and a special visualization course (GE 119)
Natural Science, Nursing, and Geosciences (and anyone who indicated they want to transfer to any of these three colleges): Intro to Statistics (SSC 302) and Intro to Rhetoric (RHE 306/RHE 309S)
Liberal Arts, Undergraduate Studies, Education, Social Work: Intro to Physical Science (PS 303) and Intro to Rhetoric (RHE 306/RHE 309S)
At this time, the “Be The Customer Competition Portal” is for eligible eBay Inc. employees across the globe. Participants must be active full-time employees to participate and be eligible to win a prize