The Summer Scholars Program promises to attract passionate students who envision themselves as future leaders of their communities.
Benefits of Summer Scholars:
- Participate in a six-week summer residential program
- Take two summer session courses with a small learning community
- Receive nearly $4500 in grants and scholarships to cover the majority of summer costs
- Obtain free tutoring (per semester) from LCAE Academic Support or Sanger Learning Centers
- Get acquainted with the campus and build lifelong friendships
- Participate in Undergraduate Research with Tenured Faculty Members
- Registration before all other UT Freshman
Who is eligible?
Students selected to participate in Summer Scholars must:
- Be admitted to UT
- Possess strong motivation and a willingness to work hard, persevere, and excel
- Indicate involvement in extracurricular activities
- Demonstrate adversity in their educational experience and/or personal life