Testing Hours are Monday-Friday beginning at 8:30am and ending at 4:30pm.
Services for Students with Disabilities has limited space available for students who require specialized adaptive equipment or service for testing. Students without these needs should make every effort to arrange testing accommodations with the instructor. In most cases instructors are able to provide testing accommodations, including reduced distraction environment and extended testing time.
1. SSD Test Reservation Form can be obtained from SSD office or website. This form should only be used if instructors/departments are unable to provide testing accommodations with their own resources.
2. Student should inform the instructor of the need to test at SSD. Student should ask the instructor to complete the Instructor Portion of the Test Reservation Form.
3. Completed forms should be returned to SSD at least 10 business days prior to the scheduled exam. Exams will not be scheduled with less than 10 business days notice.
4. The SSD Testing Coordinator will schedule the exam for the same time and date as scheduled for the rest of the class, unless an alternative time was approved.
5. Once the exam has been scheduled, it will be the student’s responsibility to keep the testing appointment. SSD does not send out reminders about upcoming exams. If for some reason the student is unable to test at the scheduled time, permission from the instructor must be obtained to reschedule the exam.
6. If a student fails to contact SSD to cancel or re-schedule an exam, SSD will notify the instructor of the student’s failure to complete the exam at the scheduled time.
7. If a student misses three consecutive exams without contacting SSD, the student will be required to meet with the Testing Coordinator in order to review testing policies and procedures before further exams will be scheduled with SSD.
Important Note to Instructors
When providing SSD with a copy of an exam, please specify in writing the approved use of notes, texts, calculators or other materials. SSD will not allow those materials without explicit, written permission.