SSD works in partnership with faculty and staff in ensuring students with disabilities have equal access to The University. The goal of this section is to help faculty and staff better understand the needs of Students with Disabilities and provide information on the various aids and services offered by SSD.
- The Law
- Responsibilities of Students and Faculty
- Downloadable Forms
- Instructional Tips for Working with Students with Disabilities
- The Basics: Providing Accommodations
- Accommodation Letters for Professors
- Creating an Accessible Classroom
- Accommodation Guidelines
- SSD Faculty and Staff Guide (PDF)
- In Their Shoes (requires EID) – an interactive web-based program that provides insight to walk in the shoes of an individual with a disability
- Faculty and Staff Frequently Asked Questions
External Links and Resources
- The Faculty Room from DO-IT is a space for faculty and administrators at postsecondary institutions to learn about how to create classroom environments and academic activities that maximize the learning of all students, including those with disabilities. educators .
- APA disABILITY Resource Toolkit
- Access to Postsecondary Education