Welcome to the Faculty/Staff section of our website! SSD works in partnership with faculty and staff to ensure students with disabilities have equal access to the University of Texas at Austin. We hope you find the following information and resources useful to your efforts to create a welcoming, inclusive, and accessible environment for students with disabilities at UT! If you have questions or concerns about working with or accommodating a student with a disability, please contact us at 512-471-6259 or 512-410-6644 (VP)
The goal of this section is to help faculty and staff better understand the needs of students with disabilities and provide information on the various aids and services offered by SSD.
SSD and the Center for Teaching and Learning created a 6 minute video introduction to SSD that is designed specifically for instructors at UT. Please take a few moments to learn about how we work with students and instructors to create an accessible environment for students with disabilities at UT.
Listed below are some additional resources that provide additional information about accommodating students in your classes.
- Instructional Tips for Working with Students with Disabilities
- Accommodation Letters for Professors
- Creating an Accessible Classroom
- Guidelines for Finding a Volunteer Notetaker
- Adaptive Testing at SSD
- Making a Referral to SSD
- SSD Faculty and Staff Guide (PDF)
- Online Trainings
- Faculty and Staff Frequently Asked Questions
External Links and Resources
- The Faculty Room from DO-IT is a space for faculty and administrators at postsecondary institutions to learn about how to create classroom environments and academic activities that maximize the learning of all students, including those with disabilities. educators .
- APA disABILITY Resource Toolkit
- Access to Postsecondary Education