How to Register with SSD
(1) Send documentation of the student’s disability that meets our documentation guidelines and, if applicable, a history of accommodations he/she has received in prior educational environments to SSD. Students may also have their provider complete a Verification Form specific to their disability type to serve as documentation. Documentation may be brought in, mailed, or faxed to the SSD office.
(2) Call SSD at (512) 471-6259 or come in person to the Student Services Building, Suite 4.206 and ask to make an initial intake appointment with a SSD Coordinator.
(3) When making an intake appointment, students should briefly describe the nature of their disability so that the appointment can be scheduled with the SSD Coordinator most familiar with their type of disability. The types of disabilities SSD regularly works with include:
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorders (ADHD)
- Learning Disabilities (LD)
- Psychological Disabilities (e.g. depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, eating disorders, etc.)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Medical Disabilities
- Mobility Disabilities
- Blind and Visually Impaired
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Temporary Disabilities
(4) Visit SSD’s Web site for more information about accommodations and services.
(5) Arrive 5 to 10 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment at the Student Services Building, Suite 4.206 to fill out the Student Data Form (also available on our website http://ddce.utexas.edu/disability/forms-and-documents/.
(6) Meet with the assigned SSD Coordinator to discuss what services are available from SSD and other University offices and what academic, programmatic and/or physical accommodations might be appropriate.
Note: All disability related information including medical documentation, educational correspondence, and educational accommodation records are considered confidential. The University of Texas and SSD have an obligation to maintain the confidentiality of such documentation.