At Free Minds, we are actively working to tap into the skills and expertise of community members. If you would like to get involved with us, you can check out some of the ongoing volunteer opportunities we have available below.
To be placed on our volunteer list, fill out our intake form here.
After you have submitted the form, we will contact you about opportunities that may be relevant to your interests and experience. We look forward to working with you!
- assist with Free Minds events such as Open Houses and graduation. This may involve meeting to discuss event logistics, researching and contacting vendors, and providing hands-on help at the event itself.
- Are you a talented cook or are you part of an organization that is involved in food preparation? Share that gift with Free Minds and help us build community by providing our pre-class dinner.
- At certain key points in the year, the Free Minds staff needs additional hands to help out around the office in various ways, such preparing information packets, mass mailings, grading standardized tests, scheduling interview appointments, or processing Free Minds applications.
- We are always looking for more effective ways to present information about our programming. If you have expertise in this area, we could use your help developing and editing promotional materials.
- We often invite guests to make presentations for students, either through our pre-class workshops or through our alumni master classes. In the past, we’ve held workshops on financing a college education, managing time, study skills, team building, and transitioning to college. If you have expertise in one of these areas or if you’re a scholar in an academic discipline, we would love to hear your ideas for a presentation.
- We have big plans to get Free Minds student stories out into the world via YouTube. If you know how to shoot and edit video and if you have knowledge of video editing software, we can use your help.
- Sometimes our students just need someone to talk through class readings with or to take a second look over their essay and offer constructive feedback.
- If you have experience in web design, we would welcome your help making our site as user friendly, engaging, and interactive as possible.