Do you know a woman or girl who is making a difference in your world? Someone who embodies the characteristics of leadership or empowerment? She could be a teacher, doctor, student or mother. Woman and Girls Lead: Austin is looking for nominations to Nominate a leader today. The deadline for nominations is Friday, August 3.
KLRU will host a special screening to reveal the next women featured as part of the series on August 23. RSVP for the screening here. At the August 23 event, KLRU will celebrate the women currently featured as part of the Women and Girls Lead: Austin project and announce the next group of women to be profiled.
The free event starts at 7 pm (doors at 6:30) and includes light refreshments. You’ll get to network with other Austin leaders, while celebrating the accomplishments of these Austin women:
- Beverly Kearney, University of Texas Women’s Track and Field coach
- Sonia Castellanos, Con Mi Madre
- Jen Grogono, uStudio Inc.
- Suzanne Santos, Sustainable Food Center
- Nessa Higgins & Andrea Day Boykin, Flip Happy Crepes
- Taryn Davis, American Widow Project
- Sarah Herburger, Truckstop Trixie Rhinestone Cowgirls roller derby team
About Woman and Girls Lead: Austin
Women and girls everywhere are stepping into leadership roles, working to improve their communities, and innovating in science, the arts, business, and governance. Yet there is still much to do to deliver on the promise of equal access, justice, and opportunity for women and girls worldwide. Women and Girls Lead: Austin is a project to showcase extraordinary women and girls in Austin who are changing our community.