The LBJ School of Public Affairs, is sponsoring a nonpartisan forum on Texas’ educational accountability system on Monday, Sept. 24 from 7-9:30 p.m.
The event, titled Measuring Up: A Statewide Conversation on High-Stakes Testing and Accountability, is co-sponsored by The University of Texas at Austin’s Texas Center for Education Policy, Center for Health and Social Policy, Institute for Urban Policy Research & Analysis, and Center for Mexican American Studies.
The roundtable of experts include
- David Anthony of Raise Your Hand Texas and formerly of the Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District;
- Texas State Representative Jimmie Don Aycock;
- Linda McNeil of Rice University;
- Commissioner Tom Pauken from the Texas Workforce Commission;
- Angela Valenzuela of The University of Texas at Austin; and
- Todd Williams of Commit! and formerly of Goldman Sachs.
Carolyn Heinrich, director of the LBJ School’s Center for Health and Social Policy, will moderate the forum. For more information about the forum and the reception which follows or to register for the forum, please visit http://measuringupforum.eventbrite.com/.
View the poster for the event: Measuring Up poster (2).