The McCombs School of Business is looking for applicants for its McCombs High School Summer Programs to give high school students a glimpse of the many career opportunities available in business. Students will meet peers from other cities around the state while spending an all-expense paid week at McCombs during one of the camps, which will be held June 9 – 14, 2013 and July 7-12, 2013.
Students will also get to:
- Attend classes taught by world-renowned faculty
- Network with business professionals
- Make new friends and explore the UT Austin campus
- Gain a glimpse of life as a longhorn
- Rising juniors and seniors in high school (current sophomores and juniors)
- Outstanding African-American, Hispanic, Native American, and first-generation students, in addition to those that have overcome any social or economic hardship, are strongly encouraged to apply. However, all students are welcome to apply.
- Students should be in the Top 10 percent of their class
- Students should submit the completed on-line application, a resume, 2 letters of recommendation, and official high school transcript
- Roughly 40-50 accepted for each of the McCombs Future Executive Academy (MFEA) [held the first week] and Discover Yourself iN Accounting Majors & Careers (DYNAMC) program [held in July].
- Deadline: April 15, 2013
Visit the summer programs website for detailed information about each camp.