The Queer Students Alliance will host Pride Week 2013 to celebrate the diversity and culture of Queer Longhorns and their allies between April 15th and 19th. The Gender and Sexuality and Center, which is part of the Division of Diversity and Community Engagement, and several other University of Texas organizations will participate, including the Federation of Lesbian, Ally, and Gay Sports and Gaymers.
Pride Week’s Kick-Off event starts at noon in Gregory Plaza on Monday April 15th.
Other events include:
Tuesday, April 16th
- Open Ally Training 4:30 – 7:00 pm Presented by the Gender and Sexuality Center and Peers for Pride. SAC 2.120
- TRANS*action 5:00 pm, Gender and Sexuality Center
Wednesday, April 17th
- Queer Students Alliance’s 7th General Meeting: Intersectionality 5:00 pm, JGB 2.218 Cookies and a discussion led by Dr. Betty Jean-Taylor about the intersectionality within our own lives.
- Learn More about the “B” in LGBT, SAC, 5PM-6:30 pm Members of Peers for Pride will be co-facilitating this discussion on bisexuality.
Thursday, April 18th
- Texas Exes LGBT – Happy Hour, 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm, Fireside Lounge: RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/235077396632179/
Friday, April 19th
- National Day of Silence Join your fellow students as we participate in a vow of silence to call attention to the silencing effect of anti-LGBT bullying and harassment in schools.
There are many more events for Pride Week. Check out the full schedule by following this link: http://texasqsa.blogspot.com/p/pride-week-2013_22.html