In partnership with leading national scholars Dr. Victor Saenz, DDCE Faculty Fellow and director of Project MALES, has co-authored a new book from Stylus Publishing called Men of Color in Higher Education: New Foundations. The book was officially released at the 2014 conference of the American Educational Research Association. Stylus hosted a book-signing event for this new collaboration that features creative new thinking on new models of success for males of color in higher education. Saenz co-authored a chapter with Dr. Beth Bukoski, Assistant Professor at Louisville University (and former DDCE graduate research assistant), on Latino male masculinities.
1) The Problem of Patriarchy—Edmund T. Gordon and Celeste Henery
2) Ahistoricism in the Native American Experience—LeManuel Bitsóí and Lloyd L. Lee
3) Intersectionality—Robert T. Teranishi and Loni Bordoloi Pazich
4) Masculinity—Victor Sáenz and Beth Bukoski
5) (Re)Setting the Agenda for College Men of Color: Lessons Learned from a 15-Year Movement to Improve Black Male Student Success—Shaun R. Harper
For more information about this new book, please visit the Stylus Publishing website.