- Math Masters is delivered through an online and face-to-face system of support for advanced high school mathematics, using resources for Algebra II, Precalculus, Calculus, and Statistics that were developed by the Dana Center through an intensive research and development initiative with Agile Mind, Inc. Additionally, Math Masters offers Advanced Quantitative Reasoning (AQR) as an alternative to Precalculus and possible dual credit Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) courses.
- Year 1 – Staff at The University of Texas at Austin will work with a school team from each campus comprising at least two lead Algebra II teachers, at least one advanced mathematics teacher, a school counselor, and key school administrators.
- Year 2 – Math Masters will include additional teachers of the selected junior and senior-level Precalculus or Advanced Quantitative Reasoning courses.
- Year 3 – Math Masters will include additional teachers of the senior-level Calculus, Statistics, or dual credit STEM courses.
- As an integrated Dana Center/Agile Mind course for students in Algebra II, Academic Youth Development (AYD) Advisory is designed to meld best practices in supporting mathematics college-readiness skills with recent advances in developmental and social psychology concerning the factors that shape students’ engagement and commitment to success in rigorous academic programs. The AYD Advisory course is designed to be offered in advisory periods, or in before- or after-school programs. The purpose of this component work is to establish a college-going culture in mathematics classrooms and strong bonds between lead teachers and their students.