Event Day Information:
Thank you for your interest in The Project! We are proud to continue this tradition of service each year, and invite you to be a part of it. Media and press are welcome to visit our worksites, meet student volunteers, and community residents.
We will also host pre-event kick-off programs prior to each volunteer shift, as well as our executive briefings (held immediately following the kick-offs) at our event headquarters.
Media packets are available upon request.
As sites are finalized, we will post a guide for media crews to visit sites with the best access and activity.
(a full schedule of events can be found on our Event Schedule page)
Saturday, February 22, 2014
Holly/East Cesar Chavez, Austin, TX
Kickoff 1: 9:00-9:45am
Shift 1: 10am-2pm
Kickoff 2: 11:30am-12:15pm
Shift 2: 1:00-5pm
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, or for more information.
-‘Project’ unites longhorns, communities around the world (The Daily Texan)
-Dove Springs community leader wants to bring peace back to the neighborhood (DDCE News)
Press Release: Community fair to focus on health and wellness, resources for Dove Springs
-The Project unites alumni, students in community service (The Daily Texan)
– Alumni Gear Up for Month of Service (The Alcalde)
– The Project expands to Texas Exes’ chapters nationwide (KNOW Events)
– Texas Exes and The Project announce partnership for global service event (The Alcalde)
– Texas Exes CARE about The Project (TexasExes.org)
- Press Release: Project 2012 hosts its annual event at Dove Springs and Onion Creek
– DDCE News coverage (DDCE News)
– Project 2011 video
– UT volunteer project targets Lanier High School
– UT students volunteer in north Austin for Project 2011
– North Lamar Contact Team announces The Project event
– Press Release: Thousands of Students Expected to Spruce Up Austin Neighborhood
– DDCE News coverage
- Press Release: Project 2009 Volunteer Effort Collaborates with Clinton Global Initiative University
– Project 2008 video